Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Visitor

Well, kiddies. I have an announcement.  Unless I am mistaken you will not be seeing my name in your comment box for the next week.  I know, I know; you haven't been seeing it very often lately
anyhow.  So what else is new?


My oldest daughter, Lynne, will be arriving tomorrow and we are going to go off and play.  I will be a tourist in my own city.  It will be fun having wheels for a while and I intend to take good advantage of the opportunity.


I hope to make good use of my camera and will post some photos of our adventures.  To keep you amused while I am having fun I am adding a couple of things to look at.  

I will be publishing one post this week.  Please watch for it.










13 comments:

Rummuser said...

Have fun.

The two videos represent two different genres of entertainment and the contrast is fascinating!

Darlene said...

*Rummuser - I am going to try my very best.

Kay Dennison said...

I love the videos!!!!

Enjoy your daughter!!!!

Darlene said...

*Kay Dennison - I am sure I will enjoy her. The question is, will she enjoy me? ;-)

Joy Des Jardins said...

Enjoy every minute with your daughter sweetie....this will be a really fun week for you.

Is there anyone better than Fred Astaire? I don't think so...and Eleanor isn't bad either. I so enjoyed that video.

Hattie said...

I think Eleanor Powell was great showing BOTH femininity and strength. And good humor,too. She wasn't even out of breath after tap dancing her way through that piece. The other vid looked overproduced and phoney to my eye, by contrast. But I guess people like those ballet influenced things.
Oh, and have a good time with your daughter.

Darlene said...

*Joy Des Jardins - Thank you. I am waiting for the phone to ring right this minute so the fun begins soon.

*Hattie - I agree. I liked the Fred Astaire video best, but decided to have a little variety.

Anne said...

I have my daughter on Thursday probably for about 3 weeks. It's a great thing to have a daughter visit. Have lots of fun with yours.

I liked Fred and Eleanor best, too. The other one didn't really look healthy, though it was impressive.

Looking to the Stars said...

Have loads of fun :)

Didn't know Fred danced with anyone but Ginger. So much for me knowing anything about him,lol

See ya when you get back :)

Xtreme English said...

Have a blast, Darlene!!!

Darlene said...

*Anne - I am pooped, but it is fun having Lynne visit. I hope you have a marvelous time with your daughter.

*Looking to the Stars - Yes, Fred danced with a lot of other dancers. I liked him best dancing alone.

*Xtreme English - I am.

The Style Crone said...

How wonderful to have found you through Ronni's blog!

Darlene said...

*The Style Crone - Thank you so much for your comment and visit. It is wonderful to see a new friend in my comment section. I do hope you will return.