Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Awards

Monday, January 12, 2009

Awards

For my family and friends who may be reading this (but do not comment) I want to report that I am ever so much better.

The swelling in my feet and legs that plagued me so much is nearly gone. I think I will be able to give up the diuretic soon. (I certainly hope so before I wear a path in the new carpet between the loo and the rest of the house.) I still use my walker, but it's more for safety purposes than need. However, by late afternoon my legs do get weak and the walker is necessary to propel me around the house.

I am sleeping through the night now - no more getting up in the middle of it for my hot chocolate and cookie fix. Hmmm - maybe that's why I gained five pounds. ;)

I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow and will find out what I am allowed to do. I hope he okays bending over soon as I am tired of doing dishes by hand.

And that's the medical update for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joy, of The Joy of Six gave me The first award I have ever received, The Van Gogh's Ear Award.

Because Joy said it so much better than I ever could I have taken the liberty of copying her text explaining the award.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ears To You"......

The Van Gogh's Ear Award was created by Roger of Idaho Photo; and she in turn passed it on to several of her blogging friends....and I was one of them.

Inspiration of the Van Gogh's Ear Award

"You may know the story of Vincent Van Gogh a well known artist in history. Although a brilliant painter in his later years went quite insane he received the nickname of fou roux ("the redheaded madman"). The most bazaar of Vincent's behavior is when he cut off the lower part of his own left ear lobe, which he wrapped in newspaper and gave to a prostitute named Rachel in the local brothel, asking her to "keep this object carefully. After this he suffered recurrent bouts of mental illness, which led to his suicide July 29, 1890 he was 37 years old. His works of art are priceless."
The point of this award
"We are all artists in our own way be it art, photography, writing, philosophy, comedy, blogging and we all go a little crazy sometimes. But if you ever feel so crazy to cut off your ear and give it to a prostitute 'Seek Help'!"
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everyone else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'd like to share The Van Gogh's Ear Award with my following blogging friends:

Sylvia from Sylvia Over the Hill
Lilalia from Yum Yum Cafe
Ernestine from My Journey to Mindfulness
Ugich Konitari from Gappa
Beverly from Beverly Use Your Words
Brenda of Rinkly Rimes
Mort of Octogenarian

All of my friends have shown artistic ability in one way or another; photography, poetry, essays, collages and other ways of expression.

It is always nice to be recognized for what we do. Few will get the Congressional Medal of Honor or even a Purple Heart, but we can all make our blogging friends feel special with recognition for a job well done by giving them with an award. I am not sure I deserve this one, but I am mighty pleased to get it. Thank you again, Joy.




10 comments:

Sylvia K said...

First of all, I'm so glad you're feeling better, I do admire your spunk and remind myself of your attitude when I get to wimping around. And thank you so much for the Van Gogh award! This is my second one and I do feel so honored!! Thank you, Darlene, I'm so glad I've had the chance to meet you through blogging! It's friends like you that make it such rewarding fun!

Beverly said...

I am glad you are feeling better too. I also want to thank you so much for the Van Gogh award. No one has ever given me an award, so thank you so much!!!

Rinkly Rimes said...

How lovely to get my first award! I don't quite know where to put it on my rather stark page, so I'll look into it this-evening! But how good to know that you're feeling well enough to get back into the swim of things!

Mortart said...

I'm glad to hear that you are making good recovery progress. And thank you for the Van Gogh award. I think the last award I ever received was the Army's Good Conduct Medal some 60 years ago for being a good boy and not screwing up. It's been a pleasure getting to know you via the blogosphere.

Mary said...

I am happy to hear that you are feeling much better. However, I'm not sure you will ever be able to go off the diuretic. I have been on them for years..I was less than 50 when I had to start taking them.

I do hope you are able to get around on your own soon. I have added your name to my prayer list.

Blessings
Mary

Joy Des Jardins said...

You're welcome Darlene. You are a VERY deserving recipient sweetie. I just love your writing...you make me, you make me laugh....and you touch me. What more can I ask out of what I read? I love visiting your blog. Love, Joy

Joy Des Jardins said...

oops...you make me 'think', you make me laugh....and you touch me.

it's important to check these things over, isn't it? Sorry ~Joy

One Woman's Journey said...

Dear Darlene, first I am so pleased you are feeling better.
You bless me with your attitude.
I think I complain too much.
Second, thank you for awarding me this special award.
You have become very dear and special to me. At this time in my life I am so thankful that I entered the blogging world.

Darlene said...

I deeply appreciate your loyalty in visiting my blog and your kind comments on my recovery. Sylvia, Beverly, Brenda, Ernestine and Mort you are so welcome for the award. You deserve it.

Mary, thank you for putting me on your prayer list. I am taking the diuretic for leg and feet swelling due to the surgery so doubt that I will have to take it after the swelling has completely left me. I could be wrong, of course.

Thanks for putting me on your prayer list.

Paul Nichols said...

Did you know that when you leave a comment on my blog (and thank you, by the way) that the link back to your place is no good. You know why? Because the "m" is missing from the ".com"

Reminds me of the bottom of Van Gogh's ear a little.

No comments: