Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Holiday Trip (cont.)


 

I am continuing with photos I took at Union Square.   The square is surrounded by upscale department stores.  We were not there to shop, but I would have loved to have had time to go to Macy's just to see the decorations inside.  This first photo is part of Macy's facade and it's obvious they went all out.  The office windows all had wreaths in them as you can see from the following nighttime photos.  And, finally, the piece de resistance.  The very tall tree at night.





I will continue with my holiday with the photos I took on New Year's Eve and Day on the next post.

5 comments:

Looking to the Stars said...

I love these pics. Macy's is my all time favorite store and I love seeing what they are like in other cities. It's soooo beautiful.

They closed the one here at the Citadal and kept the puny one at Chapel Hills open. I was so mad at them for this, I haven't shopped there for 2 years but it is still my favorite store :)

thanks so much for sharing, I love it!

Beverly said...

pretty pics....I love holiday pictures...

kenju said...

I love seeing the photos from other places, Darlene. Thanks for sharing.

Baino said...

I have to say, Americans to two particular things to perfection . . decoration (doesn't really matter what the event is) and Parades . . definitely leave us antipodeans for dead when it comes to doing either. The only thing we really excel in? New Year's Eve Fireworks. The best in the world, without doubt.

Darlene said...

*Looking to the Stars - I'm glad I was able to post a photo of your favorite store.

*Beverly - Me too.

*Kenju - You're welcome.

*Baino - I wish I had been able to see your fireworks. I am sure they were spectacular.