Thursday, February 3, 2011

Smile, Darn You, Smile

















I had a good reason to smile a few weeks ago when another blogger visited me.   Her name is Anne and I am sure many of you will recognize her blog title 20th Century Woman.   Anne and her son, Ben, were traveling through Tucson and they kindly stopped in to say hello.  Anne is just delightful and her son is a charmer.  We went to dinner before they left to travel on to San Diego.  You can read about her trip here.  

http://20thcenturywoman.com/

Doesn't Anne have the most beautiful smile?  
Now that you have seen my reason for smiling, here's one for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

When fish are in schools they sometimes take debate.

A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.

When the smog lifts in Los Angeles , U.C.L.A.

The professor discovered that her theory of earthquakes was on shaky ground.

The batteries were given out free of charge.

A dentist and a manicurist married. They fought tooth and nail.

A will is a dead giveaway.

If you don't pay your exorcist you can get repossessed.

With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.

Show me a piano falling down a mineshaft and I'll show you A-flat miner.

You are stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.

Local Area Network in Australia : The LAN down under.

A boiled egg is hard to beat.

When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.

Police were called to a day care where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

Did you hear about the fellow whose whole left side was cut off? He's all right now.

If you take a laptop computer for a run you could jog your memory.

A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.

In a democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism, it's your Count that votes.

When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds

The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine was fully recovered.

He had a photographic memory which was never developed.

Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.

When she saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she'd dye.

Acupuncture: a jab well done.

13 comments:

20th Century Woman said...

Well, thanks, Darlene, from both Ben and me. The pleasure was certainly ours.

As for the rest, all I can say is, gr-r-r-roan (ha ha)

rummuser said...

How wonderful to be able to put face and name in person rather than communicate over the blogsphere! I wish that some of my blogger friends will drop in. I have of course been talking to some on skype but nothing like meeting in person.

The boquet started off by giving me a smile and by the time I was thrtough, I was grinning! Keep them coming.

Barry said...

Great post! How lucky they are to have met you.

I took a peek at 20th CW blog and will spend more time there when I can sit for more than a moment.

How are things going with the deep freeze?

Kay Dennison said...

Just seeing you and Anne smiling makes me smile!

Looking to the Stars said...

What a treat for you! I'm glad they stopped by for a visit.

Loved the quotes :)

Joy Des Jardins said...

What a nice visit...and yes, Anne does have a beautiful smile.

I really enjoyed those quotes....have a nice weekend Darlene. ~Joy

Darlene said...

*20th Century Woman - It was a special evening for me.

*rummuser - I'll try.

*Barry - It's warming up today. I tried watering my plants and nothing came out of the hose. A trickle eventually started followed by ice. ;-(

*Kay Dennison - Glad we could put a smile on your face.

*Looking to the Stars - Me too.

*Joy Des Jardins - Thank you and I hope your weekend is just fabulous.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene, how special to put a face to someone you communicate with on our blogs. So many I imagine what they look like and then sometimes when I see a picture - it is totally different.
Happy you had a visitor. Take care :)

Darlene said...

*One Woman's Journey - Yes, it was very special.

Xtreme English said...

Darlene, I often feel burned up after thinking about politics and the state of things here in the US. Don't like it at all.

Something or someone always lifts my spirits. Your blog often is one, and today it is for sure. Love the photos of 20th Century Woman and her son Ben. She does have a wonderful smile.

Thanks for the jokes!! a bonus!!

Darlene said...

*Xtreme English - I'm glsd I was able to give you a lift.

Hattie said...

Wonderful to meet our blogger friends in person. I met Gigi and her husband David recently and we had a wonderful time, as she recounts on her blog. I also had an all too short visit with Marja-Leena and hope to see her again, maybe next summer. I have spent time with Naomi of A Little Red Hen and her husband, Ron, several times. Great people, all. And how could we have met any other way but through blogging?

Darlene said...

*Hattie - It's really fun to meet someone you think you know from reading their blogs and then finding out that they are even better than you imagined. That's the way I felt with Anne. She is such a lovely person and it felt like I had known her all my life.