Sunday, February 27, 2011

Laughter Is the Best Medicine

It's time for another break from all the craziness going on in the world.  If we can keep laughing we will survive the insanity.  The following made me laugh and I hope they will do the same for you.


Thank God for church ladies with typewriters. These sentences (with all the BLOOPERS) actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced in church services:

The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.
--------------------------
The sermon this morning: 'Jesus Walks on the Water.' The sermon tonight: 'Searching for Jesus.'
--------------------------
Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
--------------------------
Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say 'Hell' to someone who doesn't care much about you.
--------------------------
Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.
--------------------------
Miss Charlene Mason sang 'I will not pass this way again,' giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
--------------------------
For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
--------------------------
Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
--------------------------
A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow..
--------------------------
At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be 'What Is Hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice.
--------------------------
Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
--------------------------
Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered..
--------------------------
This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
--------------------------
Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning  at 10 AM.. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B. S.. is done.
--------------------------
The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the Congregation would lend him their girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.
--------------------------
Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM.. Please use the back door.
--------------------------
The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM.. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
--------------------------
Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
--------------------------------
The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new campaign slogan last Sunday: 'I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours.

 ---------------------------------

Nancy sent the following video to me and if the laughter didn't make you feel better, this video surely will.  It's Sutton Foster  and the cast rehearsing a dance number for Anything Goes.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

HA! Love those typos. It's these little things that make every day a wonder.

rummuser said...

Both the list and the video made me feel good! Thanks.

Anne said...

I feel better already. Thanks for the laughs and the smiles.

Joy Des Jardins said...

You did it...you made me laugh. I love that list; but that video was just awesome....oh how I enjoyed that...lots of smiles. Thanks Darlene... ~Joy xo

Darlene said...

*Kim Nelson - Thanks for the visit. I do hope you will return. I agree with you 100%.

*Rummuser - Gee, I am glad that I made you feel good.

*Anne - You are so very welcome.

Darlene said...

*Joy Des Jardins - We published at the same time and your comment came in ahead of mine. I really didn't ignore you. ;-) I'm glad I gave you lots of smiles.

Hattie said...

The low esteem group was my favorite.
LOL!

Darlene said...

*Hattie - I find it hard to select a favorite, but I did like the one about the missing 'g' (bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.)

Looking to the Stars said...

LOL, these were wonderful!!!! I laughed my arse off :)

Darlene said...

*Looking to the Stars - Gosh, I hope you were able to put it back on. ;-)