I looked out my front window a few minutes ago and noticed these clouds. We had rain this morning and you can see that some clouds still hold moisture. Our mountains are snow capped today and some snow fell in the lower elevations. However, our area just got rain. Believe me, I'm not complaining. Here are three views as I saw them from my front door.
I haven't listened to the news so I don't know what the pundits are saying about Obama's speech last night. I do hope he was able to change the subject from the Republican fear mongering about the stimulus package. I thought he did a good job, but may have been a bit too cerebral for Joe Sixpack. His job was to stress the urgency for action without causing panic. In that, he was successful. He is certainly good at pointing fingers without being nasty. And if the public chooses to listen to the blowhards like Rush and Sean, then I guess there is no hope for them. Wasn't it wonderful to see Helen Thomas in the front row again instead of being banished to the rear by Bush? She is one who will always ask the hard questions and Obama isn't afraid to take them.
Chancy, who writes the blog Driftwood Inspiration wrote about the Facebook tag that is going around. I'm sure you have heard about it: 25 random thoughts about me. Chancy said that anyone reading her post could consider themselves tagged. So I think I will 'give it a go.'
1. I hate buttermilk.
2. I am a chocoholic.
3. I love to shop.
4. I love reading mysteries; especially ones written by P. D. James.
5. Mark Harmon, Robert Redford, Paul Newman, and George Clooney make my old heart race.
6. I am nostalgic.
7. I am an insomniac.
8. I try to be a perfectionist; and fail.
9. I read music, but not fast.
10. I read in bed.
11. I hate injustice.
12. I love dogs.
13. I have a fear of drowning and heights .
14. I wish I could stay in a luxury hotel for a month.
15. I am not good in math.
16. I can play over 200 melodies by ear on the piano.
17. I hate to throw anything away.
18. I love 'dining out' in a nice restaurant.
19. I have gained too much weight and can't stick to a diet.
20. I don't care. (see above)
21. I have been a widow for 24 years.
22. I never want to marry again.
23. I hate asking for favors.
24. I have a quick temper. (It has mellowed with the years.)
25. I talk too much.
Back to my Arizona skies. I love the blue, blue skies and that is one thing I miss most when I am away. I hope you enjoy seeing a part of my world.