Tabor who writes the great blog One Day At A Time got the following questions from Weary Hag and posted them on her blog.
Everyone is invited to participate but, if you do so, please let Weary Hag know that you did at: http://www.thecerebraloutpost.blogspot.com/
1. While typing - do you prefer classic or italics?
Classic, definitely. It's easier to read.
2. While reading - do you prefer classic or italics?
3. Worst experience while blogging? [i.e. page froze, lost data, caught using dated or false info, typos - what made you gasp - even a li'l]
The absolute pits was the time I spent a whole afternoon writing a long post and editing it. Before saving it I highlighted it to copy and hit delete by mistake. I lost the whole thing. I said some unprintable words that day.
4. Best experience while blogging? [i.e. new friendship/relationship formed, wrote a post that was just short of genius, learned new com tech skill, etc]
I really, really wish I could say I wrote a post that was just short of genius, but I have to confess that my best experience is meeting new friends from all over the world. Second best was meeting one in person. Actually I think that was the best one, but it came after meeting her in the blog world.
5. Let's assume you're an avid blogger - someone at an intimate dinner or party suggests that blogging is for idiots. In what way do you beat the dog meat out of them - [read: handle the situation] - if at all?
I tell them how rewarding it is and how much it means in my life. It has kept me from boredom and keeps me on my toes. (Good exercise for an aging mind.)
6. Do you pass your blog URL out to people like sneeze molecules or do you generally keep it to yourself and your own group of mutual blog buddies?
When I first started I notified all my friends and family that I had a blog, sent them the URL and hoped they would check it out. Since then I haven't advertised. Maybe I should - I might get more followers. ;-)
7. Do you share your blog with family [children/spouse/siblings/parents] or do you deliberately keep it from them?
They are free to read it if they wish. I doubt that they pay much attention. My daughters have commented a couple of times. As to the others, "Are you out there?"
8. This is for those who only use a fabricated name when blogging: Do you ever wish you could tell people just exactly who you really are or are you content to remain anonymous to the masses?
9. This is for those who use their true name when blogging: Do you ever wish you had remained anonymous or are you pleased as punch to get your real self out there?
Hey, I'm an open book and tell everything I know (and a lot that I don't know.)
10. Of these - which is your favorite genre to read in the blogging community: [choose ONLY one]: a) how-to & advice, b) brief topics covered with a comedic edge, c) personal adventures or experiences, d) photos with captions, e) up-to-the-minute newsy type stories told with blogger's perspective or spin
It's hard to decide because I enjoy all of them, but if I have to choose only one I would choose e).
11. From one to ten, when reading a blog post ... do spelling & grammar really count? (not the occasional typo). One: they don't count in the least .............. Ten: stop reading midstream and move on.
I guess I have to give it a seven. It bothers me because I find myself wanting to correct them. If the person is interesting I can overlook bad grammar, but I do wish they would use spell check. Re: grammar - I have some grammatical failings now, so who (whom?) am I to criticize. ;-)
12. Have you been approached to write a book or magazine article or to contribute to an existing publication in any way, solely based upon your blog? (and I don't mean by smokinbettylou or tedthetool)
You're kidding, right?
13. Do you prefer the read & comment type of post or the interactive style (like this one)?
I prefer the 'read and comment' type, but this one is fun once in awhile. Besides, it's an easy way to write a blog.
14. Which applies to you most often? a) I read and comment, b) I read and move along ...
I read and comment.
15. Are you involved in any other networking venues or is blogging your one and only? [i.e. FB, YT, MSpace, LiveJournal, Classmates, photo hosting sites, etc.] No need to name them unless you want to .
I'm on Facebook if they haven't kicked me off. I haven't been back in months so I guess I can't qualify as being involved. I don't have time after I fill out forms like this.