Friday, July 10, 2009

Health Care Reform

You knew I would do it didn't you? You saw me crawling up on my soapbox again and starting to rant about health care reform. I think I will just stay up here until we either get meaningful reform or it goes down in flames.

Ronni Bennett at Time Goes By has an excellent post on the subject today including a link where you can make your voice known. Please take advantage of this opportunity to tell you representatives that you want a Public Option without a trigger.

You can read it here:


http://www.timegoesby.net/weblog/


Another option being kicked around is the cooperative approach. It is just another way of keeping the insurance companies in control. To learn about it go to Anne's blog 20th Century Woman's and read about her experience.

http://20thcenturywoman.com/index.php?s=Health+Care+Reform

With the insurance companies and the pharmaceutical companies spending over a million dollars a day to defeat any kind of reform that will be of benefit you know they are scared. So far they don't have to worry. Their money is talking loud and clear in the Hallowed Halls.

The only weapon we have is our voice. Make it heard! Don't put it off. Write and call your representatives today.

7 comments:

kenju said...

Darlene, I am not good at following through with that sort of thing.

Ronni Bennett said...

Health care reform is crucial. Thanks so much for passing it on.

SG said...

At some point, people will have to realize the value of health.. the essence of the medical program... it is not about making money. It is about saving lives.

20th Century Woman said...

Thanks, Darlene, for keeping this important issue thought about.

And thanks for coping with my confusing blog name.

Maybe something will happen on health care that will be an improvement over what we have now. I just hope the president sticks to his promise to have a public option. That will make all the difference.

Darlene said...

*Kenju - That's okay. Not everyone is obsessed with this issue like I am.

*Ronni - You're welcome.

*Phoenix - Thank you for your visit. It shouldn't be about making money, but so far it is. Sad!

*20th Century Woman - I haven't give up yet.

Looking to the Stars said...

I like you up on your soapbox, I'm always behind you 100%, you go girl!

Betty said...

I notice that our Senator, Blanche Lincoln, has changed her tune a bit, and is going to vote for the health care bill. I guess she got the go ahead from Walmart. Still don't know if she's for the public option - she was blathering about a "co-op" the other day. That's just unacceptable. Keep up the good fight, Darlene.