Friday, November 6, 2009

A Birthday Card to Sarah

Sarah



Today, November 7, you become thirteen years old.  Now you are officially a teenager.  This is an important milestone on the way to independence.   I hope you have a wonderful birthday and a superfragilisticexpealidocious life.




Sometimes dreams do come true and my dream became a reality when you were born, Sarah.  I was not present for your birth because I was home watching your big sister, Rachel.  But I got to the hospital later that day to see my new adorable granddaughter.  And you slept through the whole thing.







Mommy had your picture taken in the dress I had given to her for her girls.  


 


You were such a good baby and always ready with that big smile.  




You were so curious about everything and the dog endured your fingers that were intent on his eyes.





You loved Grandma's swimming pool.  
And before I knew what happened you were a school girl, growing up so fast before my eyes. 





The  birthdays just started flying by.




Before I knew what happened you had become a lovely young lady.








 






It has been so much fun watching you grow up.  I am looking forward to the next milestone when you change from a teenager into an adult. I know you will be a very special one and everyone who meets you will love you instantaneously, just as I do. 



I love you, my precious Sarah.  Have a very happy day  and a successful life.





12 comments:

Granny Annie said...

What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful new teenager. Wow, don't they just grow way too fast? Excellent essay Darlene.

kenju said...

Such a nice post, Darlene! Sarah is really cute. Happy Birthday, Sarah!

joared said...

Ah, yes, becoming a "teenager" is a mile marker. Such an attractive young lady, your granddtr. I'm sure she'll treasure what you've written here, and the photos show maturation changes of which she can be proud.

Tabor said...

How special this little gal is to you! How fortunate to have her in your life.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh, what a wonderful birthday post Darlene. Thirteen is really a big milestone, and what a nice way for you to pay tribute to Sarah. I just love the pictures and your sweet words to her...something she'll have forever from her grandma. She's such a cute girl.

Special Note to Sarah:

Happy Birthday sweet Sarah...welcome to your teenage years. This is one of the most exciting times of your life. You will grow in every way imaginable...and your family will be right there with you for the journey. They will be just as excited as you will be every step of the way to see the beautiful woman you become. Some of your most enduring friendships are formed in your teen years. I hope you have a fun and wonderful time in this chaper of your life Sarah. Enjoy every minute...for these are the days that make the memories in your life....that you will look back on forever. Happy Birthday sweet girl. ~Joy (Grandma's blogging buddy)

Rain Trueax said...

Wow, happy birthday to Sarah. She's such a cutie

Xtreme English said...

a sweet post! lucky sarah to have such a grandma!

Kay Dennison said...

Lovely post, Darlene!!!!! And Happy Birthday, Sarah!!!!!

20th Century Woman said...

What a super-duper Grandma you are, Darlene. Many happy returns to Sarah.

I have a granddaughter named Sarah as well. What a lovely name it is.

Darlene said...

Thank to all of you for the nice comments about my Sarah.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene - such a beautiful tribute to your beautiful granddaughter.
I know she is special to you. They make us feel so loved.
My little one's are 4 and 7 and my how time is flying for you and me.
Seems like yesterday they were born.
Have a good rest of the day and evening.
I do not respond much - but always read your post and you special to me.

Darlene said...

*One Woman's Journey - Thank you for your nice words.