Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May Time



Life has been getting in the way of blogging for me this past week. I haven't had time to read blogs and make comments. I'm sorry I have been neglectful. This situation is not likely to change for a while. Instead of writing a post I am going to show you what I did today. I rode around my street and took the following photos. This is May time in Tucson.

The top photo is of a Palo Verde in Bloom. Palo Verde means green stick. The bark on these trees is green; hence the name.


This one is of an unknown cactus in a yard near me.



These are Oleander bushes.

6 comments:

kenju said...

It is interesting to see what blooms out there, Darlene. Except for the oleander, it is so different than what we have here (but pretty!)

Freda said...

Oh the wonderful blue skies!

Leslie Parsley said...

I'm sorry you haven't had time to blog but I love the photos.

Darlene said...

*Kenju - We do have some colorful flowers, but I still miss the Lilac bushes and the flowers of my youth.

*Freda - Yes, our skies are almost always that beautiful blue.

*tnlib - Thank you.

Ugich Konitari said...

"The unknown cactus in a yard near you...." and the Saguarro with its myriad uses of blossoms, inspired this:


Green in peace,
Pink health blossoms,
from the
very expressive,
democratic cactus;
They stand,
waving hands,
arms raised,
shoutng,
"yes, we can,
yes, we can!"....

And the Guv,
rethinking,
the latest law,
rolls up the window,
as his car
passes
a
Saguarro ,
that says,
"Be tough,
look tough,
for the good of all,
but remember,
unless you blossom
in empathy,
you are useless
in this world.....

Darlene said...

*Ugich Konitari - Thank you, Suranga, for that wonderful poem. I am going to post it on my next offering. To get a personal poem from you is a reward indeed. I love it.