Friday, May 28, 2010

Sayonara, Adieu, Adios For Now

Now it can be told. For two weeks I have been in a big hurry as I typed comments in your blogs. I have made so many errors that I thought I was losing it. I hope you will understand that this has been a busy time for me because I am getting ready to go visit my daughters and grandchildren for several weeks. I leave on Tuesday for California. You probably won't be seeing my name in your comments until some time after June 15.

I am collecting the names of the blogs that I am unable to post comments on. For those of you who have not seen a comment from me, there is a good reason. I have tried commenting via my Google account, my URL, and my name ID. I have tried signing in first before writing the comment and all variations of making the @#$% thing work. For some reason, there is a glitch between my blog and yours and my comments vanish when I try to post them. Here are some of the blogs that I read but am unable to comment on: Along the Way, Friko's Musings, Sylvia From Over the Hill, Drinks Before Dinner, Looking to the Sun and Stars, and Yum Yum Cafe.

Suggestions have been made on how to leave a comment, such as repeating it. I have tried all of them to no avail. Perhaps I need to use a different server. Blog Spot can really infuriate me at times. Like Scarlett, I will think about that tomorrow.

Did you notice my age change? Today I became 85. I still can't believe I have lived this long.
I am like the energizer bunny, I just keep on going. I must have inherited the genes from my great grandmothers. My Mom was only 67 when she died. I am not sure about my father. I guess I need to do some research, but I believe he was 74.

Because I am older than most of you I would like to pass on the secrets of my longevity. To be honest, I don['t have a clue. I wish I could tell you that I have discovered the fountain of youth, but it is not so. I can't give you a regimen to follow. I try to live a healthy lifestyle, but have to confess that I fail miserably. I have been downright slothful for several years, although I
have recently started exercising again. I do eat a healthy breakfast and a salad each day, but beyond that I am not accountable. There are nights when my dinner is just popcorn; other times it might be ice cream. If the ice cream has chocolate, caramel and nuts in it I am in heaven. It's no surprise that I am about 15 pounds overweight. Should I worry? Nah! I will just be grateful for another day and get on with it.

I hope life is good for all of you. I will pop in when I get back , if not sooner.


Texas Ranger

15 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

Have a grand trip.

Baino said...

Oh Darlene, have the most wonderful time. And I should look so good at 85 years of age, I hope you had/have some wonderful and memorable birthday celebrations with your family. Istill can't get your site to load in my reader so forgive my sporadic visits. Enjoy your break!

kenju said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip, Darlene; be safe and come back well and happy! And happy birthday, again.

Darlene said...

tnlib - Thank you.

*Baino - I appreciate your kind words. I just got home from a fabulous dinner with friends. It doesn't get any better than that. I will see my family next week.

kenju - Thank you so much for your good wishes.

Betty said...

Happy Birthday, Darlene! Have a wonderful visit with your family.

Darlene said...

*Betty - Thank you so much.

Rummuser said...

Darlene, you are the most wonderful, by that I mean that you are full of wonder, person that I know of. What a formula to live long. I shall follow in your foot steps and hope to hit 85! Happy birthday and best wishes for many happy returns of the same too.

Darlene said...

*Rummuser - Oh my gosh! I am so humbled by your kind words. Thank you so much.

Hattie said...

Have a wonderful time!
And I think the secret to longevity is to look both ways when you cross the street! Just like your mother told you so long ago!

Darlene said...

*Hattie - Funny and true.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh Rats! I can't believe I missed your birthday sweetie. Happy Belated Birthday Darlene...and have a most wonderful time with your family. Have a lot of fun, relaxation...and laughs. I'll be anxious to hear all about it. Cheers Darlene... ~Joy xo

naomi dagen bloom said...

Wishing you a peaceful, joyful trip west. You're a terrific role model for the eighties.

Belated birthday wishes...good for you that you're exercising again.

By the way, I have some of the same issues with Blog spot that you describe...blogging was supposed to help us connect easily!

Darlene said...

*Joy Des Jardins - Good wishes are welcome whenever they come. Thank you.

*naomi dagen bloom - You say the nicest things. Thank you.

Ugich Konitari said...

Gosh, Darlene, i didnt know it was your birthday !

Here's wishing you a lovely birthday, great health, and a safe and wonderful trip to Califoria....and when you have icecream with chocolate and nuts, have an extra scoop on me ..:-)

Darlene said...

*Ugich Konitari - I will not only save a scoop for you, I will save you a whole bowl and we can 'pig out' together. Thanks for the good wishes.