Monday, April 6, 2009

Wine Country



Today I am posting photos of the wine country outside of Livermore. As you can see, it is an area of rolling hills filled with grape vineyards. I have no idea how many wineries are operating, but it seems to me that it is beginning to rival Napa Valley.



I thought this old barn was interesting. A wet winter has produced the green hills. The thought that came to me as I viewed them was the book title, "How Green Was My Valley."




This photo gives you a view of rows of grape vines.




This is an example of a Winery with a tasting room. Click on any of my photos to enlarge them for details.

Tomorrow's post will continue with this area. Today I am in a hurry to post this because I am expecting a fellow blogger. I am so excited to be able to meet one of my 'on line' friends in person. Shhh! - It's a secret until I have her permission to tell you who it is.




Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Chancy said...

How exciting to meet a fellow blogger. I never have had the pleasure yet.

Nice photos.

Kay Dennison said...

This is lovely!!!!! And I can't wait to find out who's going to be there!

Nancy said...

Hi Darlene,

I loved touring the vineyards and wineries of the Napa Valley.

We were supposed to ride the Wine train but were a little late and it had already left so we followed the tracks in our car. What fun! The people on the train were waving to us and our pantomimed exchanges were a riot.

At one spot,the train must have stopped for some reason because now we were ahead of it and by the time it was passing us we were on the side of the road,just waiting for it, draped over the hood of the car with our wine glasses full of Cabernet. We raised our glasses to our friends on the train and it was the most fun we had had in a long time.

I am so happy for you that you had a wonderful visit with your daughter.

Have a great time meeting a fellow blogger. Tell us all about it....

The pictures of the winery near Livermore were beautiful. That whole area was lovely...

Darlene said...

Chancy - it was exciting and was a first for me.

Kay - Tomorrow's post will tell all.

Nancy - We rode the wine train about four years ago. I think you may have had more fun by missing it than you would have had if you caught it. The food was wonderful, though.

kenju said...

Good luck meeting your blogger!! I had lunch with one of mine from FL today and it is a great feeling.

Sylvia K said...

It is fun to meet a fellow blogger! I was able to meet one of them for lunch a few months ago and it was such fun. Looking forward to meeting another one early this summer. Your photos are just beautiful! Lovely colors! I love the wine country around Sonoma where my youngest daughter lives. You sound great!!

Darlene said...

Kenju - Isn't it fun to meet someone you already feel you know?

Sylvia - My daughter once lived close to Sonoma and we visited the wineries there, too. It sound like we are a couple of boozers, doesn't it? ;-). Thank you for the compliment on my photos.