Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happy Sweet 16th Brithday, Rachel

Happy Sweet Sixteen
Happy belated birthday to my lovely granddaughter, Rachel. I am wishing that this is the start of a wonderful year for you.

You stole my heart the minute I saw you emerge in the world and you have kept it. I have watched you grow into the lovely young lady that you are.
I am so proud to be your grandmother. I am proud that you have high ambitions and I hope you can become the physician that you dream of being. I know you will strive hard to make that happen.






The date 9/11 is a sad day for the world, but it is a happy day for our family because that is the date when we got you.  I waited to post this so that the sadness of yesterday would not seep into the happiness of today.
Watching you grow up has been one of the great joys in my life.
I love you,
Grandma

7 comments:

kenju said...

She's a lovely girl, Darlene. Happy Birthday!

Looking to the Stars said...

Happy Birthday to Rachel!
I hope all good things come to her :)
They grow up fast, thanks for sharing the pics. She's a lovely person.

Joy Des Jardins said...

I was out all day and am just now seeing your post Darlene. Happy Birthday to your sweet Rachel. Sixteen years is such a special birthday...and an exciting time in a girl's life...so much going on. Rachel is just adorable. I hope she had a wonderful birthday. Thanks for the pics Darlene.

Maria said...

Congratulations on your granddaughter's birthday. May she have all you want for her.

Rummuser said...

I have just come here after reading about your meme to Grannymar. Your blog is fascinating and I have just bookmarked it for regular visits. I may not comment on many posts because I am not an American, but shall read all of them.

Happy birthday to your grand daughter. She is beautiful.

Darlene said...

*Kenju - Thank you on behalf of Rachel.

*Looking to the Stars - Yes, the trite statement, "it seems like yesterday" is so true.

*Joy - I hope she did too. I regret not being there to share the fun.

*gaelikaa - Thank you for the visit. I do hope you will return.

*Rummuser - Thank you so much for bookmarking my blog. I will visit you, too.

Thank you for the compliment and I will tell Rachel about it.

marbur said...

Darlene, I so enjoy your blog, I read it & love it as well as agree with many of your opinions. Frank Rich is one of my favorites. Our journalists are lazy, they seldom do any research on the "news" they report & that is sad. However at 76 I am not about to give up on America going down the right path to improvement, it's an absolute necessity. Politicans are not serving, they are seeking their fortunes.We do have a few journalists on air who bring truth to us, too few. More later. Warm regards.