Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Raging Grannies on Health Care

Not all old ladies are suffering from ignorance. Get a load of the Raging Grannies on health care. Fee free to join in on the chorus.

I will have more to say later on this subject, but right now I am recovering from a visit from my Swiss friends. No, they didn't tire me out. They didn't stay with me, they didn't take me sightseeing with them, and they only stopped by a couple of times. What wore me out, you ask? Answer: stress from waiting for them to drop by. I got dressed up every day and prepared for a visit. After nothing happened for four days I finally gave up, shampooed my hair, put it up in pin curls, got comfortable in a nightgown, and - you guessed it - they showed up to say goodbye. Does that come under Murphy's law? Maybe it's the luck of the Irish. Actually, it's probably due to poor communication. I heard things one way and they heard them another. That's the story of my life!!

10 comments:

Friko said...

Good for the Raging Grannies!!!! More power to your combined elbows, I'm rooting for you!
(Are you one of these grannies, Darlene?)

Darlene said...

*Friko - I'm a raging granny, but not one of those. ;-)

Sylvia K said...

Well, I'm not a granny, but I do rage a great deal! Sorry to hear about the mis-communication! wonder how and why that happens sometimes???

Have a great weekend, Darlene!

Sylvia

janinsanfran said...

Oh joy -- that's a marvelous clip! Thanks so much. Made my morning.

Darlene said...

*Sylvia - Mis - communication happens to me often because of my hearing loss. Maybe it's a subject for a future post.

*Janinsanfran - I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think the Raging Grannie's are a hoot.

Looking to the Stars said...

I agree with Friko, good for the Raging Grannies.

Murphy's Law always cames into effect when it comes to communication. Sorry, it showed up this time.

20th Century Woman said...

Love the Grannies. What super hats!

As for Murphy's law, it never fails. I liked the days of the Moo-Moo, that Hawaiian thing that could be a long dress or could be a nightgown. With that you are always ready for company, sleep or anything in between.

Ugich Konitari said...

Darlene,

maybe they should have emailed you like I did ( after tangling with your special hightech phone...:-))

Anonymous said...

I hope that I am laughing with you rather than at you, Darlene. You probably added a tidbit to your friends' lovely trip. When everything goes as planned, we have a good time. When differences arive, we have a great story to tell. Think what you added to their lives!
Cop Car

Darlene said...

*Looking to the Stars - Oh well, it gave me something to add to my post.

*20th Century Woman - I'm for bringing the Muu Muu back.

*Ugich - I don't think they had a laptop with them and were on a holiday from the computer.

*Cop Car - You are laughing with me and they will be relating the story of my discomfort to the next people they visit, I'm sure. Always glad to oblige (to give a conversation piece to others.)