Thursday, September 24, 2009

PBS on Health Care Reform

Tonight PBS is hosting an hour-and-a- half special on Health Care Reform.  Check your local listing for the time.  Our station airs it at 8:00 pm following The News Hour with Jim Lehrer.


This week has been busy for me and I have not had the time to comment on everyone's blog or to write a new one.  I will try to catch up over the weekend - no promises, of course.   I have learned to take it a day at a time and keep future plans flexible.


Next week I will not be spending much time on the computer.  I am having a pesky cataract removed on Tuesday.  With follow up doctor appointments, etc.  I probably won't post very often, if at all.  The older I get, the more doctor appointments I seem to have.  I keep my dermatologist busy removing actinic keratoses and malignancies from my wrinkled old skin.  Now I have a tooth problem; and so it goes as one part after another begins to show the wear and tear of a long life.


I am sure I will continue to post any updates on health care reform as energy and events permit.


Keep on calling and writing your representatives.  Here is a link to find yours.  



 Senators:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Congress:

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

There are 52 Blue dogs.  Who knew?   Here is a link to their web site:

http://www.house.gov/melancon/ 

Another link of interest is the Consumer Union post on health care reform:

http://prescriptionforchange.org/proposals.html#house 

9 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

good luck on your cataract surgery and take care. Sometimes it does seem things go in spurts

Betty said...

I hope your cataract surgery goes well, and you're back blogging soon.

Darlene said...

*Rain - You have that right. Feast or famine. Thank you.

*Betty - I'm sure it will. Thank you.

la peregrina said...

Darlene, my father-in-law just had cataract surgery and he was delighted with the results. I am sure you will be delighted too. See you soon.

Friko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Friko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Friko said...

sorry, Darlene, I was very silly there; I didn't mean to delete and have no idea what happened.

Just to say, you'll be fine in no time; several members of my family have had cataract surgery and all were fine afterwards. The whole procedure is over very quickly.
Best of luck!

(now I hope this message doesn't get deleted again - here goes)

Looking to the Stars said...

Darlene, will check PBS listing (its one of my favorite channels).
I hope your surgery goes well, sweetie.
I know how you feel, you take care of one problem and two more raise thier ugly heads :)
You take care, I'll keep checking back to see when you are back blogging.
Love and Hugs to you!

Darlene said...

*la peregrina and Friko - I know it's not a big deal. I had cataract surgery on my right eye many years ago and it was a walk in the park. I understand the surgery has improved since then and I will only be in the surgery center 2 hours. I'm not concerned; just explaining why I may not be posting often. Thank you for your reassurance, though.

*Looking to the Stars - Sorry sweetie, it was last night. Instead of showing it at 8 pm as scheduled my station didn't air it until 10 pm. I stayed up to watch it, but all I learned was that Tom Coburn of Oklahoma is a right wing nutcase.