Tuesday, October 14, 2008

All Grown Up plus A Small Political Rant


The last big event before the election will be tomorrow night's debate. The question now is, will John McCain have the gall to mention Ayers? I hope he does, because it gives Obama the perfect chance to inform everyone that he, along with McCain, was thoroughly investigated and vetted prior to running for public office. Therefore, there could not be any connection with a terrorist organization in his past. This would expose McCain's scurrurlous lies to all but the most dim witted.

It will be a relief to have this election over for several reasons; one of which is that my telephone is ringing off the hook. Because it's difficult for me to hear on the phone when Messenger ID says the call is toll free or from unavailable I just lift the receiver and hang up. At least I am getting my exercise running to do that little chore.

As promised I am enclosing the grown up photos of my family to let you know how those babies turned out.

The top photo is, of course, me flanked by Rachel on the left and Sarah on the right. The next photo is of my two daughters. The oldest, Lynne, is on the left and Gail is next to her. You may have to click on it to enlarge it for a better look.

The next one is of my son, Mark. It is not as recent as the first two, but I couldn't find one that is more recent in Picassa.

The last one (below) is also an old photo and we have all aged since it was taken, but it includes my three older grandchildren, Mike, Pam, (me) and Dave. This was taken at Lynne's outdoor graduation from College and we were in the bleachers. Happy times.

Now you have seen some of my family and I will probably add to this at a later date. But I am sure looking at photos of people you don't know gets boring very fast.

Back to politics: I am sure the debate will give me lost of ammunition for a blog. I am glad that the negative ads and rallys backfired on McCain and they are now pulling their punches. At least I hope so.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

kenju said...

The photos aren't boring at all! It's nice to put a face to your posts! Those granddaughters are adorable!

Darlene said...

Thank you Kenju. I think they're very special too.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Love, love, love the photos Darlene. You have a beautiful family dear lady, and I know your visits must mean a lot to you....as do mine. Oh how time does fly....

Sylvia K said...

I agree with Kenju, photos are never boring and you do have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing them with us.

janinsanfran said...

Hi Darlene -- thanks for showing the family photos!

About those calls: they MAY stop calling if you vote absentee. Campaigns usually try to remove people from their lists when they have voted, if they are well run campaigns. Of course, lots of campaigns are not well run...

Rain Trueax said...

Great photos. You have a beautiful family

Darlene said...

Thank you Joy, Sylvia, Jan, and Rain for the compliments. I think I'll keep my family - I'm rather fond of them.

I mailed my absentee ballot in a week ago and still the calls continue. I think it might stop the calls locally, but not nationally.

Anonymous said...

I love looking at family photos through the generations. These are really great.

Thanks for sharing Darlene.