Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Elephant In the Room

I am holding my breath like the rest of us who are frightened to death at the prospect of a McCain/Palin win. I am wondering if I will be able to stay grounded until the election is over.

This morning the news is mixed. The Senate passed a terrible bill to bail out the fat cats and it looks like the House will follow suit tomorrow. I am enclosing links to two articles on this subject. You will have to make up your own mind as to the advisability of the bailout. They are both from the NYT's editorial pages.

Op-Ed Columnist: Save the Fat Cats


Editorial: Show Us the Hope


To keep me from tearing out my hair, the latest polls show Obama with a 9 point lead. We all know anything negative about him can cause that lead to evaporate like steam. The undecided can sway the election at the last minute.

The elephant in the room is the dirty tricks that are being waged in some key states. Cards were sent to students telling them they couldn't vote if their parents voted in another state. Dispossessed homeowner's were told they couldn't vote because their address didn't match their driver's license. And then there are still those electonic voting machines that can be manipulated to change the results. Unless I am missing something, it appears that all of these dirty tricks are being initiated ala 'Karl Rove style' by Republicans. It makes me want to vomit. Please click on the following link for more on that subject :

http://www.truthout.org/article/red-flag-purging-voter-rolls

Stay tuned to see if my blood pressure rises to the boiling point.


2 comments:

kenju said...

Keep your BP low, Darlene. This is worth your health going downstream!

Sylvia K said...

I'm with you! I'm almost afraid to eat for fear I'll throw up. It just gets more disgusting by the day, not to mention SCARY at the thought of McCain actually winning! Surely, the people of this country aren't really that dumb, that prejudiced??? I wish I could get some valid reassurance from somewhere.